Wisdom from religious life for today’s world
By John-Francis Friendship
John-Francis Friendship spent twenty-five years as an Anglican Franciscan friar. Drawing on the whole breadth of monastic history and experience, he looks at core aspects of monastic and religious life and applies its practical wisdom for living well in today’s world.
* Knowing your heart’s desire and pursuing it;
* Counter-cultural living – the spirit of poverty, chastity and obedience;
* Clothing yourself in Christ – getting into holy habits;
* Living in community – how to get along together;
* God in all things – seeing the whole world as divine;
* For the sake of the kingdom – serving those in need;
* Living with thanksgiving – shaping the eucharistic life.
What Do You Seek? draws on a vast wealth of spiritual wisdom accumulated over the centuries to offer inspiration and courage for living with integrity and hope today.