Statement of Faith
Kendal and District Christian Literature Society
The following doctrines are regarded as crucial to the understanding and acceptance of the Christian faith:
- The sovereignty and grace of the Holy Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, in relation to creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The divine inspiration of the Holy Bible and its entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The sinfulness and guilt of man which make him subject to God’s judgement.
- The sacrifice of Jesus, the Son of God, as the only substitute for the redemption of man from sin and its consequences.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God alone, through faith in Christ’s crucifixion, death and resurrection.
- The illumination, purification and regeneration of the sinner by the indwelling work of God the Holy Spirit.
- The priesthood of all believers who form the universal church, of which body Christ is the Head, and which is committed to the proclamation of the gospel throughout the world.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory.